OPEN: MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS
TIME: 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM (NO NOON BREAK)
2nd Floor, Legislative Building, Municipal Government Complex, Barangay Poblacion, Taytay, Palawan
The Sangguniang Bayan, the legislative body of the municipality, is mandated to enact ordinances, approve resolutions, and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the municipality and its inhabitants pursuant to Section 16 of the Local Government Code of 1991.
(a) The vice-mayor shall:
(1) Be the presiding officer of the sangguniang bayan and sign all warrants drawn on the municipal treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the sangguniang bayan;
(2) Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoint all officials and employees of the sangguniang bayan, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided in this Code;
(3) Assume the office of the municipal mayor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided for in Section 44, Book I of this Code;
(4) Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the municipal mayor in cases of temporary vacancy as provided for in Section 46, Book I of this Code; and
(5) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.